I post a lot about my projects on Facebook. One night I went posting crazy and one of my friends told me I need a blog. I started posting my projects on my own web page, www.jessicaryanphotography.com, but I decided I need a real blog where people can leave comments. So, here I am.
Right now I'm waiting for my most recent metal clay project to cool down enough in the kiln so I can pull it out and look at it. I sure hope it looks good so I can wear it to work tomorrow.
The project is a pendant made of three disks. One side of each disk is made of steel metal clay and the other side of each disk is made of copper metal clay.
I fired the steel metal clay first. (It was my first time playing with steel metal clay.) Then I fired the copper metal clay. The copper shrank way more than I thought it would. Therefore, the two sides of the disks didn't match up in size. I had to resort to Plan B. Hopefully it works.
In addition, this project is my first time combining two different types of metal clay in one project.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment