My pearls arrived in the mail from Fire Mountain Gems yesterday. I was very excited to see them. They look so good for the price. I'm stoked.
I started tying them last night. I finished tying this evening. I was going to use super glue to finish off the ends of the pearl strands but I didn't want to leave the house to go buy super glue. So, I decided to use 5 minute epoxy. DISASTER!
5 minute epoxy doesn't dry fast enough and I snipped the extra ends of one of the strands and the end came untied. Trying to tie string ends that are only a few millimeters long is VERY difficult. However, I made it happen. Now I'm off to WalMart to buy super glue to glue the ends so they don't come untied.
On the plus side, the necklace is beautiful. It is a three strand pearl necklace. It is a reproduction of QVC's reproduction Jacqueline Kennedy three strand pearl necklace. I can't wait to wear mine.
On a tennuously related note...I have jury duty tomorrow. Hopefully while at WalMart I'll find size 8 plastic knitting needles so I can work on my bear project in the courthouse.
I don't understand why mental knitting needles and crochet hooks are allowed on airplanes but not in the courthouse. They aren't a security risk but if they were, they'd be more of a risk on a plane than in the courthouse. They are far less of a risk than those expensive metal pens some attornies are allowed to take in the courthouse. I just don't understand but it is what it is. So courthouse friendly size 8 knitting needles, hear I come.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment